Metinvest’s concept of Social Responsibility (SR) is based on integration of core elements of sustainable development — social, economic, environmental — into the business strategy and operations throughout the Company.
As a responsible corporate citizen we consider it necessary:
- to take responsibility for all our actions, and to assess their potential impact on local communities before making final decisions;
- to contribute voluntarily to the development of local communities;
- to develop open and constructive dialog with our stakeholders;
- to implement the principles of sustainable development into all aspects of our business.
Metinvest determines key focus areas of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activity as follows:
- Health and safety;
- Social support and development of employees;
- Quality and efficiency improvement of the Company’s social investments (local communities development).
Metinvest shares SCM Group’s approach and principles of sustainable development actions stipulated in SCM Sustainability Policy.