- Metinvest secures US$ 75 million loan from Rabobank Group
- Metinvest places US$ 750 million 7-year eurobond within the framework of a US$ 1 billion Euro Medium Term Notes (EMTN) programme.
- The freight forwarding unit of Metinvest, Skif-Shipping, named “The Forwarding Agent of the Year” and “The Best Marine Agent” in National Marine Rating of Ukraine by performance in 2010.
- Metinvest integrates Yenakiieve and Makiivka Steel plants – Makiivka becomes the affiliate of Yenakiieve Steel Works.
- Metinvest secures US$ 100 million pre-export credit facility from UniCredit
- Igor Syry leads the TOP-100 rating: The Best Top-Managers in Ukraine
- Metinvest launches BOF steel rails production
- Metinvest enters the Industrial Group's mining and metals business, which involves the management and ownership by the parties of more than 50% of JSC Zaporizhstal Integrated Iron & Steel Works’ shares.
- Metinvest commences the active phase of the $63 million project on revamping of the Heavy Plate Mill 3600 at its Azovstal Iron & Steel Works. This also includes commissioning of the facility equipment for production of X80 and X90 high-strength pipe plate.
- Metinvest commissions the Affinity Mine, owned by its subsidiary United Coal Company. The planned capacity of this coal mining unit will amount to 1.9 Mtonnes of the highest quality coking coal
- Metinvest SMC expands its product mix with Ilyich Steel pipes
- Metinvest expands its distribution network in Russian Federation by opening a new metal centre in Saratov, one of the largest industrial cities in Volga Federal District.
- Metinvest secures us$ 850 million loan
- Metinvest presented the Second Social Report
- Metinvest partners in "Enterprise 2020: role of business in society"
- Metinvest has won tender for the supply of pipes for East – West gas pipelineMetinvest ranked the 6th among the largest companies in Central and Eastern Europe - Deloitte TOP-500 by results of 2010.
- Metinvest is ranked among the three most transparent companies of Ukraine
- Azovstal redeems 5-year US$175 million eurobond.
- Metinvest placed a US$ 750 million 7-year Eurobond with a coupon of 8.75% within the framework of a Medium Term Notes (EMTN) programme
- Metinvest issues its first Social Report in accordance with the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) Sustainability Reporting Guidelines.
- Metinvest opens two new warehouses in Russia - in Voronezh and Volgograd.
- Metinvest has joines the United Nations Global Compact initiative.
- Metinvest successfully sells its debut $500 mln worth Eurobonds.
- Metinvest takes the first place in TOP-100. Business Leaders of Ukraine rating.
- Metinvest commissioned a new LD SAW X80 single seam thick-wall pipe production line at Khartszyzsk pipe plant.
- Metinvest established another new steel warehouse in Russian Mineralnyie Vody thus having doubled its sales network in this country.
- Metinvest commences construction of the second magnetic and flotation metal content upgrading facility at Ingulets Iron Ore Enrichment Works to increase production of high quality iron ore concentrate with ‘Fe content’ over 67% up to 6.8 mln. tonnes.
- Metinvest and Ilyich Iron & Steel Works decided to combine their assets.
- Metinvest increases the amount of its pre-export facility from US$300 mln to US$700 mln. This syndicated loan facility led by Deutsche Bank AG is the largest loan facility secured so far by a Ukrainian private business for the last two years.
- Metinvest became the only pipe producing company in the CIS to have obtained the qualification certificate from C4Gas S.A. and to have been enlisted as an authorized supplier for Gaz de France.
- Metinvest was ranked 9th amongst the largest 500 companies of CEE by revenue in 2009 according to Deloitte TOP-500 rating.
- Metinvest has received another Climate Action certificate (worldsteel) for the programs implemented in the field of environmental protection and Kyoto Protocol CO2 emission standards compliance.
- Metinvest has concentrated 90.2% share stake in Makiivka Iron and Steel Works CJSC within the process of integration of SMART Group mining and metals assets.
- Metinvest closed the merger deal with Ilyich Steel. ntering of Ilyich I&SW into Metinvest Group is an important step in implementation of the long-term strategy of the Group aimed at strengthening vertical integration and attainment of the maximum efficiency of the production capacities in Ukraine along with strengthening company’s market positions.
- Metinvest is the first in Ukraine to produce rebars with negative tolerances.
- Metinvest is one of the five leading companies of the first international CSR projects exhibition – CSR MarketPlace.
- Metinvest takes the first place in “TOP-100. Ukrainian Business Leaders” rating, organized by Ekonomica publishing house and is recognized as the best Ukrainian Company in terms of net income in 2009.
- Metinvest has successfully completed the registration of all its products under European Community Regulation on chemicals and their safe use (EC 1907/2006, REACH).
- Metinvest ranked as the sixth largest producer of iron ore materials in the world.
- Acquires a 100% stake in United Coal Company LLC (USA), one of the leading producers of coking coal in the United States.
- Opens sales offices in Tunisia and UAE and two new steel warehouses in Sochi (Russia).
- Launches the next stage of the construction of Blast Furnace No.3 at Yenakiieve Steel.
- Implements an Integrated Health, Safety and Environment Management System based on the OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Standards in the Group’s Managing Company, METINVEST HOLDING LLC.
- Metinvest is the first Ukrainian company to receive the Climate Action Certificate from the World Steel Association.
- Signs a Memorandum of Understanding with POSCO, one of the largest fully-integrated steel producers in the world, to commence exploring and implementing a broad business cooperation.
- Metinvest is the first in Ukraine to commence capesize export shipments of iron ore.
- Acquires a 95% stake in Promet Steel (Bulgaria) and control of Makiivka Steel (Ukraine).
- Completes the acquisition of a 100% stake in Trametal S.p.A. (Italy) and its subsidiary Spartan UK Ltd (Great Britain) from the Malacalza family.
- Signs a partnership agreement with Siemens VAI.
- Launches a new slab continuous casting machine at Azovstal.
- SRK Consulting conducts the first audit of Northern GOK, Central GOK and Ingulets GOK reserves based on the JORC methodology.
- Acquires a 51% stake in Inkor and Co Chemical Company LLC (Ukraine).
- Signs a US$1,500 million syndicated pre-export term facility, the largest ever by a private Ukrainian company which is used to refinance existing more expensive debts, as well as for working capital, capital expenditure, investments and general corporate purposes.
- Receives ACCA accreditation.
- Becomes a regular member of the International Iron and Steel Institute (IISI, currently called the World Steel Association).
- Acquires a 82.5% stake in Ingulets GOK (Ukraine), one of the leading European mining company and one of the largest iron ore mining company in Ukraine.
- Establishes Metinvest Ukraine LLC and Metinvest Service Metal Centres LLC, as a result of Metinvest’s restructuring of its sales distribution channels in Ukraine and the CIS, and transfers the wholesale and retail assets of Leman Ukraine LLC accordingly to each subsidiary.
- Metinvest is established to provide strategic management for the mining and steel businesses of SCM.
- Obtains a US$400 million syndicated loan from BNP Paribas S.A., which received Deal of the Year Awards and the Awards for Excellence in the Trade Finance Magazine.
- Acquires a 100% stake in Leman Ukraine LLC, a leading Ukrainian wholesale and retail metal trading company, and an additional 27% stake in JSC Yenakiieve Iron and Steel Works.